Sidmouth woman aids East Devon charity
Masonic Ladies Night raises �300 for Balloons children’s charity
A SIDMOUTH woman has raised �300 for Balloons children’s charity.
Natascha James, of Primley Road, raised the money, with the help of her guests, at the annual Masonic Ladies Night held recently in Exeter.
Natascha, pictured presenting the cheque to Lisa Craig, representing Balloons, is married to the Master of the Old Helean Lodge.
She said: “Traditionally, the proceeds of the Ladies Night draw is donated to a local non-Masonic charity and I have chosen Balloons.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a wonderful organisation who counsel, help and arrange activities for children and families, who have suffered a bereavement in their family, such as the loss of a sibling or parent.
“They are truly a worthwhile, local charity, operating in East Devon and Exeter.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
On behalf of Balloons, a newly-emerging charity, Lisa said: “We are very grateful to receive this generous cheque from Natascha.
“Their work helping children is funded solely through donations. Without these they would not be able to carry on their valuable and important work.”
*Find out more about Balloons at www.balloons-devon.org.uk.