Sidmouth woman aids East Devon charity
Masonic Ladies Night raises �300 for Balloons children’s charity
A SIDMOUTH woman has raised �300 for Balloons children’s charity.
Natascha James, of Primley Road, raised the money, with the help of her guests, at the annual Masonic Ladies Night held recently in Exeter.
Natascha, pictured presenting the cheque to Lisa Craig, representing Balloons, is married to the Master of the Old Helean Lodge.
She said: “Traditionally, the proceeds of the Ladies Night draw is donated to a local non-Masonic charity and I have chosen Balloons.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a wonderful organisation who counsel, help and arrange activities for children and families, who have suffered a bereavement in their family, such as the loss of a sibling or parent.
“They are truly a worthwhile, local charity, operating in East Devon and Exeter.”
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
On behalf of Balloons, a newly-emerging charity, Lisa said: “We are very grateful to receive this generous cheque from Natascha.
“Their work helping children is funded solely through donations. Without these they would not be able to carry on their valuable and important work.”
*Find out more about Balloons at www.balloons-devon.org.uk.