Sidmouth woman marks 100th birthday
- Credit: Archant
Eating sensibly and having friends have been the secret to one Sidmouth woman’s long life as she celebrates her 100th birthday.
Jane Wilcox marked the landmark day on March 22 with friends and family at The Belmont Hotel.
She retired with her husband Gordon to Sidmouth four decades ago after growing up in Northampton and living in Cheshire.
After moving to the town, the former school teacher kept busy with gardening, playing bridge and seeing friends. She even took a trip to Australia to see her family at the age of 91.
Jane said: “Keep healthy and eat sensible food and plenty of exercise. It is also important to have friends - the older you get the more important it is.
You may also want to watch:
“I love Sidmouth, you could not choose a better place to live.
“I’ve written to the hotel to say how please we were. It could not have been better - the service and the food was excellent.”
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser