Family’s pride as daughter ordained as Church of England priest
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth woman has been ordained as a Church of England priest.
Proud family members of Sharon Humberstone attended an ordination service in Coventry Cathedral in June.
Mrs Humberstone grew up in Sidmouth from the age of six and first developed an interest in the church after attending Sunday school.
As a child she attended Sidmouth Methodist Church, in High Street, with her family.
The mum-of-two now jointly preaches in Hartsfield and Gallery Common churches in north west Coventry.
You may also want to watch:
Her mum Lorna Lavers, stepfather David, joined her two children and husband at 30 years for the service.
Mrs Laver said: "I'm really proud. There were many years of study. Sharon traces her religious inspiration back to attending our local Methodist church Sunday school back in the seventies and is now delighted that she is jointly preaching in Hartshill and Gallery Common Churches.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
"Her stepfather was incredibly proud and even he was in tears. The service was lovely.
"Sharon also runs outreach hospice services together with great care teams in varying Coventry locations so life is never dull."