Lisa’s weight-loss journey inspires her to take on Slimming World consultant role
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth paramedic who thought she would be ‘destined to struggle’ with her weight is preparing to take the reins of her own Slimming World group to help others shift the pounds.
Lisa Craig will start running Wednesday groups from October 10 after training to become a consultant.
She lost two-and-a-half stone in 18 months, dropping from 13st 1lb to 10st 8lb - and was driven after seeing a photograph of herself after taking part in the Boxing Day swim.
Lisa said: “My weight started to creep on when my husband died from cancer eight years ago.
Like a lot of slimmers, I had tried to lose weight many times during my life by following numerous diets but they were never sustainable because I’d always get tired of restricting what I ate.
You may also want to watch:
“I thought I was destined to struggle with my weight for the rest of my life, but when I came to Slimming World it was different. I never felt like I was on a diet.”
She hopes through her own experiences she will be able to help others achieve their weight loss goals.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
Lisa said: “It’s a privilege for me to be able to pass on the experience, insight and understanding that helped me, so that I can give my members the support they need to get to target.
“Support is really the most important thing. It all starts with feeling that you’re not alone. I couldn’t have lost my weight without the weekly help, encouragement and understanding of my own consultant and group.
“As someone who has lost weight myself, I know the challenges people can face, which is why, along with the group, I will be there to support every one of my members all the way to their chosen target weight.”
Lisa Boucher, team developer for Slimming World, said Lisa’s warm personality made her perfect for the role.
She added: “With Lisa’s experience of being a successful Slimming World member and her kind and warm personality and great sense of humour, I just know that she’ll be an amazing support to members, cheering them all the way to their target weight.”
Lisa’s Slimming World group will be held at Kennaway House every Wednesday at 9.30am and 11.30am from October 10.
For more information or to join Lisa’s group either pop along or call her on 07974 802627.