Sidmouth youngsters dress up for World Book Day 2020
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth youngsters were dressed to impress this World Book Day.
Primary school youngsters had a whale of a time marking the annual event on Thursday, March 5.
As part of the day children choose their favourite book and dressed up as the characters.
Among the titles chosen by Sidmouth Primary School youngsters were The Tiger who Came to Tea, Little Mermaid, Mr Stink and Alice in Wonderland.
The youngsters took part in various reading-related activities to celebrate the day.
You may also want to watch:
World Book Day is a registered charity on a mission to give every child and young person a book of their own.
The main aim of World Book Day in the UK and Ireland is to encourage children to explore the pleasures of books and reading by providing them with the opportunity to have a book of their own.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 6 Football in support of mental health
- 7 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 8 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 9 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 10 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
This is the 22nd year there's been a World Book Day.