Sidmouth youth council plan meal fundraiser
HAVING a meal, served by members of Sidmouth Youth Council, is the latest event being planned to raise both the profile of Sidmouth s youth and money to buy a bench for the town.
HAVING a meal, served by members of Sidmouth Youth Council, is the latest event being planned to raise both the profile of Sidmouth's youth and money to buy a bench for the town.
Vice-chairman Georgina Gardener, with other members of SYC, impressed those attending the annual assembly organised by Sidmouth Town Council, with a report of its achievements during the year.
Georgina said since the 2008 assembly, the youth council had carried out a community clean-up, involving 70 children and 30 adults as well as SYC helpers and PCSOs and StreetScene.
The youth council committee then held a beach clean after FolkWeek.
You may also want to watch:
EDDC's StreetScene helped provide manpower and equipment, and showed residents the youth council was trying to help the local environment.
"We then got involved with Sidmouth Youth Initiative who then were behind us all the time in everything we did. They were always willing to help us and get our thoughts heard from other people," reported SYC.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
The youth council had hoodies presented anonymously through the SYI, made up of representatives from Rotary, Lions, the police, youth workers, businessmen, town
council representative, clergy and youth council.
After serving cream teas to elderly residents, again with help from SYI, the youth council is now working towards buying a bench, made from recycled plastic, to give to the town.
The council reported: "Whilst we are always planning different events for SYC, we are still involved in the process of the design and management of Sidmouth Youth Caf� and are always willing to help.
"We still want to be the representatives of the youth in Sidmouth and we are trying our best to get everyone's thoughts and points across to the council and helping make Sidmouth a good place for us to live in.