Sidmouth Youth Council raises �350 with ‘sleep out’ and other news
Sidmouth Youth Council members have already raised �350 as they gear up to ‘sleep out’ on Sidmouth seafront to boost a charity for the homeless. Read this and more.
FUEL OFFENCE: Thieves made off with a fuel bowser and 500 litres of gas oil from a site on the A3052 in Sidford between 6pm last Friday, February 17, and 8am on Monday, February 20.
Police have appealed for information. The fuel bowser is blue and yellow with ‘11635 Eagle Plant Limited’ written on the side. Call 101, crime reference: KS/12/100.
SLEEP OUT: Sidmouth Youth Council members have already raised �350 as they gear up to ‘sleep out’ on Sidmouth seafront to boost a charity for the homeless.
You may also want to watch:
Around ten young people will brave the elements from 7pm to 7am on the Esplanade between March 16 and 17 in a bid to benefit Nightstop.
Nightstop provides emergency accommodation for homeless young people between the ages of 16 and 25.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
MACMILLAN: Macmillan Cancer Support, Sidmouth, will hold its annual meeting on Tuesday, March 13 in the President’s Room, Sidmouth Conservative Club, from 7pm. Members of the public, together with Macmillan supporters, are invited to attend.
BOOK SALE: Sidmouth Lions Club is hosting a Great Book Sale at St John’s Hall, Blackmore Drive, Sidmouth, next Saturday, March 3.
The sale includes books, as well as CDs and DVD’S. Home-made cakes will also be supplied by the Lions Ladies. Entrance is 50p, including a cup of tea or coffee.
CHARITY WALK: Sidmouth residents have been urged to take part in a men’s 10k charity walk for hospice charities on Saturday, March 17.
The walk starts and finishes at the Exeter Chiefs’ rugby stadium. Visit www.menswalk.co.uk.