Sidmouth Youth Council skate shelter boost
MEMBERS of Sidmouth Youth Council hope a funding pledge will help their bid for a new shelter at the town’s Manstone skate park.
Young people want to replace the current mushroom-shaped structure at the site with a new piece of kit that would cost around �11,000.
They say they hope to find a new home for the existing shelter if they can raise the funds for an all-purpose upgrade.
Councillor Stuart Hughes has pledged up to �6,000 towards the project from his county council Investing in Devon budget.
The youth council will need to raise the remainder.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s investing in the youth of Sidmouth and I can’t think of anything finer,” said Councillor Hughes.
“Hopefully this will encourage other people to put money in.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles