Sidmouth Youth Council skate shelter boost
MEMBERS of Sidmouth Youth Council hope a funding pledge will help their bid for a new shelter at the town’s Manstone skate park.
Young people want to replace the current mushroom-shaped structure at the site with a new piece of kit that would cost around �11,000.
They say they hope to find a new home for the existing shelter if they can raise the funds for an all-purpose upgrade.
Councillor Stuart Hughes has pledged up to �6,000 towards the project from his county council Investing in Devon budget.
The youth council will need to raise the remainder.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s investing in the youth of Sidmouth and I can’t think of anything finer,” said Councillor Hughes.
“Hopefully this will encourage other people to put money in.”
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Sidmouth's Repo Man TV star Sean doubles as Marvel film superhero
- 8 A remarkably good 50th anniversary for Sidmouth Music
- 9 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance
- 10 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth