Silent Witness actress narrates Sidmouth author’s audiobook
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth author’s story about the lives of sisters, best friends and love behind bars is set to hit shelves next month.
Blood Sisters is the second Penguin book released by Jane Corry – author of The Sunday Times bestseller My Husband’s Wife.
The mum-of-three, who used to be a writer-in-residence at a high security men’s prison, said she spent nine months penning the thriller.
To celebrate the launch on June 29, Jane will be holding a book signing at Winstone’s, in High Street, from 6pm.
The novel will also be released as an audio book narrated by Emilia Fox - best known for her role as Dr Nikki Alexander on BBC One’s Silent Witness.
You may also want to watch:
Jane said: “I wanted to give people an idea of what it is like in prison and explain internal relationships and what happens when these relationships are stretched.”
Jane, 66, will also be holding a ‘how to get published’ workshop with agents and publishers at Sidmouth Literary Festival on June 25. Visit sidmouthlitfest.co.uk for tickets.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 7 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other
- 10 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member