Simouth care assistant wins awards double
AN “exceptional” Sidmouth care assistant celebrated a double delight after she was awarded two top accolades.
AN “exceptional” Sidmouth care assistant got a double delight after she landed two top awards.
Simone Othen, 21, who works at Radway Lodge, was named Exeter College’s 2010 apprentice of the year and health and social apprentice of the year.
Simone, of Hillside, Sidbury, last year divided her time between study at the college and putting theory into practice at the residential care home in Vicarage Road.
She completed her entire apprenticeship framework between October 2009 and May last year.
Simone’s ability to meet deadlines and the standard of her work was hailed as “exceptional” by college teaching staff.
Now a fully fledged care assistant, Simone, also a former Sidmouth College student, said: “I’m really pleased and didn’t expect it at all. I love my work.”
- 1 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 2 Opening a new shop presents a risk, but rewards are there if you work hard
- 3 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 4 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 5 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 6 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 7 With your help, a range of new laws will help us all
- 8 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 9 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 10 Heather Spratt - the unsung hero of the heathland
Simone has been involved with Radway Lodge since she was 14.
Care manager Carol Magee said: “Our residents are thrilled, they think she is wonderful. Simone really deserved this.”
Karen Hillier, a Radway Lodge partner, added: “For us this is very prestigious. Simone has achieved so much in the last year.”