Simouth care assistant wins awards double
AN “exceptional” Sidmouth care assistant celebrated a double delight after she was awarded two top accolades.
AN “exceptional” Sidmouth care assistant got a double delight after she landed two top awards.
Simone Othen, 21, who works at Radway Lodge, was named Exeter College’s 2010 apprentice of the year and health and social apprentice of the year.
Simone, of Hillside, Sidbury, last year divided her time between study at the college and putting theory into practice at the residential care home in Vicarage Road.
She completed her entire apprenticeship framework between October 2009 and May last year.
You may also want to watch:
Simone’s ability to meet deadlines and the standard of her work was hailed as “exceptional” by college teaching staff.
Now a fully fledged care assistant, Simone, also a former Sidmouth College student, said: “I’m really pleased and didn’t expect it at all. I love my work.”
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 August celebrations at Manstone Lane – Home of the Vikings
- 3 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 4 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 5 Return to online meetings thanks to progressive alliance
- 6 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 7 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 8 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 9 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 10 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
Simone has been involved with Radway Lodge since she was 14.
Care manager Carol Magee said: “Our residents are thrilled, they think she is wonderful. Simone really deserved this.”
Karen Hillier, a Radway Lodge partner, added: “For us this is very prestigious. Simone has achieved so much in the last year.”