Simouth care assistant wins awards double
AN “exceptional” Sidmouth care assistant celebrated a double delight after she was awarded two top accolades.
AN “exceptional” Sidmouth care assistant got a double delight after she landed two top awards.
Simone Othen, 21, who works at Radway Lodge, was named Exeter College’s 2010 apprentice of the year and health and social apprentice of the year.
Simone, of Hillside, Sidbury, last year divided her time between study at the college and putting theory into practice at the residential care home in Vicarage Road.
She completed her entire apprenticeship framework between October 2009 and May last year.
You may also want to watch:
Simone’s ability to meet deadlines and the standard of her work was hailed as “exceptional” by college teaching staff.
Now a fully fledged care assistant, Simone, also a former Sidmouth College student, said: “I’m really pleased and didn’t expect it at all. I love my work.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 7 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Debut in the Dartmoor League
Simone has been involved with Radway Lodge since she was 14.
Care manager Carol Magee said: “Our residents are thrilled, they think she is wonderful. Simone really deserved this.”
Karen Hillier, a Radway Lodge partner, added: “For us this is very prestigious. Simone has achieved so much in the last year.”