Meet explorer Sir David Hempleman-Adams at Kennaway House Sidmouth
He has been campaigning for action on global warming, after seeing the loss of Arctic ice during an expedition
The famous explorer and climate change campaigner Sir David Hempleman-Adams visits Kennaway House, in the last of the Meet the Author events.
Sir David has achieved plenty of record-breaking feats during his lifetime, but most recently he has used his adventuring streak to highlight the impact of global warming on the Arctic.
In 2016 he set off to circumnavigate the Arctic polar region by boat, and said his journey confirmed his worst fears about disappearing ice.
The trip which used to take three years was completed in just three months, because so much ice had melted.
You may also want to watch:
Afterwards he called on politicians to take urgent action to combat climate change.
Signed copies of his book about the expedition, Open Water – Breaking Ice: The Polar Ocean Challenge will be available at his talk on Thursday, November 8. Tickets are £13 to include a glass of wine on arrival at 7pm.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 4 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 5 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 9 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb