Sites needed for East Devon’s 37 traveller pitches
- Credit: Archant
Landowners, developers and town and parish councils will have the chance to put forward sites to be considered for 37 new traveller pitches planned for East Devon.
The ‘call for sites’ is the next step towards completing East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) Gypsy and Traveller Plan.
However, this comes as the authority has proposed in its draft Local Plan – a blueprint for development until 2026 - that the bulk of the pitches be located around the new town of Cranbrook.
EDDC has been told by Whitehall to earmark sites and the authority has to find 22 pitches and up to five ‘emergency’ stopping places within five years.
The final total of 37 sites is expected to be developed within 20 years.
You may also want to watch:
The authority has already earmarked £500,000 for the scheme, and hopes to have the plan finished by early 2017.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman