Six cars keyed in Sidmouth
FIVE out of six car owners, who had their vehicles keyed while parked in Connaught Road, Sidmouth, last Monday night, are being asked to contact police to report the damage caused.
FIVE out of six car owners, who had their vehicles 'keyed' while parked in Connaught Road, Sidmouth, on Monday night, are being asked to contact police to report the damage caused.
"Six cars were damaged and only one owner so far has reported it to the police," said a spokeswoman for Sidmouth Police, who are investigating another incident that may be linked.
"It helps us with our investigation if they report it."
The keying incident, where paintwork was scratched with a key, took place at around 10.45pm.
One victim was the Reverend Brian Hadfield, minister at Sidmouth Methodist Church, who encountered the police outside the church on Tuesday morning after it was cordoned off during forensic evidence-taking relating to an assault.
Those whose cars were damaged in the keying incident can contact police on (08452) 777 444.
- 1 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 2 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 5 Students carry on Christmas tradition by taking tree through town
- 6 Sidmouth to get state of the art hearing treatment
- 7 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 8 Welcome boost for road safety and a milestone for club
- 9 Christmas Light Switch-Ons in East Devon's towns
- 10 Sidmouth Bowls Club vote in a new President