Six cars keyed in Sidmouth
FIVE out of six car owners, who had their vehicles keyed while parked in Connaught Road, Sidmouth, last Monday night, are being asked to contact police to report the damage caused.
FIVE out of six car owners, who had their vehicles 'keyed' while parked in Connaught Road, Sidmouth, on Monday night, are being asked to contact police to report the damage caused.
"Six cars were damaged and only one owner so far has reported it to the police," said a spokeswoman for Sidmouth Police, who are investigating another incident that may be linked.
"It helps us with our investigation if they report it."
The keying incident, where paintwork was scratched with a key, took place at around 10.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
One victim was the Reverend Brian Hadfield, minister at Sidmouth Methodist Church, who encountered the police outside the church on Tuesday morning after it was cordoned off during forensic evidence-taking relating to an assault.
Those whose cars were damaged in the keying incident can contact police on (08452) 777 444.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research