Six cars keyed in Sidmouth
FIVE out of six car owners, who had their vehicles keyed while parked in Connaught Road, Sidmouth, last Monday night, are being asked to contact police to report the damage caused.
FIVE out of six car owners, who had their vehicles 'keyed' while parked in Connaught Road, Sidmouth, on Monday night, are being asked to contact police to report the damage caused.
"Six cars were damaged and only one owner so far has reported it to the police," said a spokeswoman for Sidmouth Police, who are investigating another incident that may be linked.
"It helps us with our investigation if they report it."
The keying incident, where paintwork was scratched with a key, took place at around 10.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
One victim was the Reverend Brian Hadfield, minister at Sidmouth Methodist Church, who encountered the police outside the church on Tuesday morning after it was cordoned off during forensic evidence-taking relating to an assault.
Those whose cars were damaged in the keying incident can contact police on (08452) 777 444.
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 5 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 6 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 9 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 10 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award