Skate park recognised as community project of the month
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers working to improve Ottery Skate Park have been recognised for their hard work with a ‘community project of the month’ accolade.
The scheme is run by VOYC Devon, an organisation that works with voluntary groups across the county that help and work with young people.
Members chose Ottery Skate Park Group as its latest recipient to recognise members’ efforts over a 10-year period.
Mark Goodman, chief officer for VOYC Devon, said: “We support small charities like the skate park. They have been one of our members for a number of years now and it’s good to recognise the work they are doing.
“Elli [Pang] has put here heart and soul into it. It is entirely voluntary and they support the people of Ottery who have a passion for skateboarding.”
You may also want to watch:
Members of the skate park group are currently working to secure funding to install a half pipe at the park.
Councillor Elli Pang, a trustee, said: “It would be nice if the dreams could be fulfilled of our young people and we could get this half pipe.”
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?