Skydiving Charlotte from Ottery nears £1,000 total
- Credit: Archant
The 22-year-old is raising the money in aid of Cardiac Risk in the Young (CRY) in memory of her best friend Paige.
An Ottery woman who is taking on a skydive in memory of her best friend is nearing her £1,000 fundraising target.
Charlotte Vincent, who is terrified of heights, is raising money for Cardiac Risk in the Young (CRY). Her friend Paige Moth died last year from sudden adult death syndrome.
So far, Charlotte has raised nearly £800 and has organised two fundraisers as a final push for donations.
The 22-year-old will hold a cake sale at Ottery Primary School tomorrow (Friday, May 5) from 3.30pm. On Saturday, May 13, she will host a fun day and cake sale at Ottery Sports Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Charlotte said: “I have a few family members left to donate so I know I’m more than likely to go over and above my target especially with my two other fundraising events I have coming up. I am overwhelmed with people’s generosity. I never expected to reach even half way of my target.”
Charlotte will skydive from 15,000feet on Wednesday, May 17.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 3 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 6 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 7 School's hill climb challenge
- 8 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 9 Family triumph in Sidmouth golf team stableford
- 10 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
To donate visit: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Charlotte-Vincent2