Skypark site to cost EDDC £1million
- Credit: Archant
Buyers to be sought for Sidmouth’s Knowle
EAST Devon District Council (EDDC) will have to fork out nearly £1million to buy the land at Skypark it has earmarked as its new home.
Minutes of behind-closed-doors talks by the authority’s cabinet have been published today (Monday).
They also reveal that ‘immediate action’ in order for ‘a marketing exercise’ to be conducted to ‘engage developer interest’ in Knowle and Mantone Depot sites to ascertain their value.
Page 116 of the minutes of last Wednesday’s talks show that acquisition costs of the council’s preferred site at Skypark are £986,000 excluding VAT.
You may also want to watch:
More in Friday’s Sidmouth Herald.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Village panto group secures prestigious national award