Skypark site to cost EDDC £1million
- Credit: Archant
Buyers to be sought for Sidmouth’s Knowle
EAST Devon District Council (EDDC) will have to fork out nearly £1million to buy the land at Skypark it has earmarked as its new home.
Minutes of behind-closed-doors talks by the authority’s cabinet have been published today (Monday).
They also reveal that ‘immediate action’ in order for ‘a marketing exercise’ to be conducted to ‘engage developer interest’ in Knowle and Mantone Depot sites to ascertain their value.
Page 116 of the minutes of last Wednesday’s talks show that acquisition costs of the council’s preferred site at Skypark are £986,000 excluding VAT.
You may also want to watch:
More in Friday’s Sidmouth Herald.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again