Slimming group leaders meet comic
TWO Sidmouth slimming group leaders met comedian Justin Lee Collins at Slimming World’s annual awards ceremony.
Lisa Boucher and Katrina Barker, who run weekly groups in Sidmouth, Withycombe, Exmouth, and Tiverton, met the comic and TV presenter at the event in Birmingham.
The star of The Sunday Night Project, Justin Lee Collins: Good Times and the Bring Back… series hosted the ceremony with Slimming World founder Margaret Miles-Bramwell.
He said: “I met some really inspirational people. Not only the slimmers, but also the amazing people like Lisa and Katrina who run the groups and support them.”
Lisa said meeting Justin was the perfect end to an amazing year for Slimming World.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve opened our 7,000th group and welcomed more than a million members,” she said. “At this time of year lots of people will be pledging to slim down and shape up, and we’d love anyone who wants to make their New Year’s resolution a reality to join one of our groups.”
Slimming World’s food optimising eating plan and support systems are based on an understanding of what it is like to have a weight problem.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
Katrina said: “Food optimising puts you in charge of what you eat and when you eat. Each week, members share success strategies, meal ideas and, most of all, understanding. Losing weight is more than just eating less and moving more, it’s about finding the motivation that keeps us on track.”
Call Lisa on 07968241286 or Katrina on (01884) 32606, or visit www.slimmingworld.com.