Slumdog Millionaire visits Beer!
THERE are a million reasons to attend Beer Film Society s 2009 season launch on Easter Sunday. The multi-Oscar winning film Slumdog Millionaire is the first film of the year, giving the people of Beer and the surrounding areas the chance to see one of the
THERE are a million reasons to attend Beer Film Society's 2009 season launch on Easter Sunday.
The multi-Oscar winning film Slumdog Millionaire is the first film of the year, giving the people of Beer and the surrounding areas the chance to see one of the most talked-about cinematic events of 2009.
The film swept the board at the recent Oscar Awards extravaganza in Hollywood scooping eight trophies including Best Film and Best Director for British Danny Boyle
Martin Cox, BFS chairman, said: "We are delighted to have secured Slumdog Millionaire for our first film and hope that it attracts a full house."
You may also want to watch:
Season tickets are available for members, but non-members are now welcome to pay �5 on the door.
The cost of joining the club has also been cut to �2.50 per person to cover newsletters and administrative costs and will entitle the holder to a �1 discount, bringing entry price down to �4.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Debut in the Dartmoor League
Martin added: "We discussed these measures at length in a bid to make it easier for people to come along as and when they want to and we hope they are successful in attracting more people."
The event is to be held in the Mariner's Hall, with doors opening at 7.30pm for 8pm start. The bar will be open for refreshments.