Slumdog Millionaire visits Beer!
THERE are a million reasons to attend Beer Film Society s 2009 season launch on Easter Sunday. The multi-Oscar winning film Slumdog Millionaire is the first film of the year, giving the people of Beer and the surrounding areas the chance to see one of the
THERE are a million reasons to attend Beer Film Society's 2009 season launch on Easter Sunday.
The multi-Oscar winning film Slumdog Millionaire is the first film of the year, giving the people of Beer and the surrounding areas the chance to see one of the most talked-about cinematic events of 2009.
The film swept the board at the recent Oscar Awards extravaganza in Hollywood scooping eight trophies including Best Film and Best Director for British Danny Boyle
Martin Cox, BFS chairman, said: "We are delighted to have secured Slumdog Millionaire for our first film and hope that it attracts a full house."
Season tickets are available for members, but non-members are now welcome to pay �5 on the door.
The cost of joining the club has also been cut to �2.50 per person to cover newsletters and administrative costs and will entitle the holder to a �1 discount, bringing entry price down to �4.
- 1 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Welcome boost for road safety and a milestone for club
- 5 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 6 Ottery St Mary rings in the festivities
- 7 Perfect storm has created a housing crisis that needs fixing
- 8 Students carry on Christmas tradition by taking tree through town
- 9 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 10 Town keeps alive the generous tradition inspired by Betty
Martin added: "We discussed these measures at length in a bid to make it easier for people to come along as and when they want to and we hope they are successful in attracting more people."
The event is to be held in the Mariner's Hall, with doors opening at 7.30pm for 8pm start. The bar will be open for refreshments.