Smaller concerts enhance Folk Week
SMALLER, more intimate concerts will run alongside Ham marquee events at this year’s Sidmouth Folk Week.
They will take place at the Manor Pavilion, the Bedford Hotel, Sidmouth Methodist Church and the Woodlands Hotel, July 30 to August 6.
On the Saturday, storytellers Taffy Thomas and Debs Newbold will be at the Manor pavilion, suitable for adults, and children over 10. The Music of Bagpuss, on the Sunday at 2pm in the Manor, features two of the original voices of the Bagpuss TV show – Sandra Kerr and John Faulkner.
Jeff Warner, joined by Tim Eriksen, will perform at the Manor on Monday songs collected across America by his parents. Bedford Hotel events and evening concerts at the Manor include concertina wizard Alistair Anderson, family group The Wilsons and Tyde.
The Methodist Church hosts Russian gypsy trio Koshka, and two concerts presented by Global Local with Arts Council England support, featuring a range of music.
You may also want to watch:
The Woodlands Hotel has workshops and events.
Tickets or info from Sidmouth TIC, Ham Lane, (01395) 578627, or visit www.sidmouthfolkweek.co.uk. For some concerts, you can pay on the door.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98