Smaller concerts enhance Folk Week
SMALLER, more intimate concerts will run alongside Ham marquee events at this year’s Sidmouth Folk Week.
They will take place at the Manor Pavilion, the Bedford Hotel, Sidmouth Methodist Church and the Woodlands Hotel, July 30 to August 6.
On the Saturday, storytellers Taffy Thomas and Debs Newbold will be at the Manor pavilion, suitable for adults, and children over 10. The Music of Bagpuss, on the Sunday at 2pm in the Manor, features two of the original voices of the Bagpuss TV show – Sandra Kerr and John Faulkner.
Jeff Warner, joined by Tim Eriksen, will perform at the Manor on Monday songs collected across America by his parents. Bedford Hotel events and evening concerts at the Manor include concertina wizard Alistair Anderson, family group The Wilsons and Tyde.
The Methodist Church hosts Russian gypsy trio Koshka, and two concerts presented by Global Local with Arts Council England support, featuring a range of music.
You may also want to watch:
The Woodlands Hotel has workshops and events.
Tickets or info from Sidmouth TIC, Ham Lane, (01395) 578627, or visit www.sidmouthfolkweek.co.uk. For some concerts, you can pay on the door.
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 3 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 4 August celebrations at Manstone Lane – Home of the Vikings
- 5 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 6 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 7 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 8 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 9 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 10 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer