Smash and cider grab at Sidmouth’s Tesco store
Offenders spotted running off after Tesco burglary
THREE cans of cider, worth �4, were stolen from Sidmouth’s Tesco Express, in the early hours of Tuesday morning after its large plate glass window was smashed.
Police said offenders were seen smashing the window at 1.20am.
A police spokesman said: “One leant in the hole to take the cider. They then ran off down a side street.
“It appears to be an isolated incident. They must have been very thirsty.”
You may also want to watch:
It is estimated the window could cost around �1,000 to replace.
*Three people, two teenagers; one a girl of 14, and a Sidmouth man of 21, have been arrested on suspicion of burglary and theft and bailed to appear at Exeter Police Station.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 8 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open