Smoke alarm concern in Sidmouth and other news
Fire service bosses are writing to homeowners who have had a Fire Angel ST-620 model smoke alarm installed because the unit could be a potential fire risk. Read this and more.
EXTENSION HOPE: Owners of 1Arcot Garden, Sidmouth, have applied for planning permission for a single-storey extension.
ALARMS: Fire service bosses are writing to homeowners who have had a Fire Angel ST-620 model smoke alarm installed because the unit could be a potential fire risk.
The move has been prompted by several minor incidents involving the model of smoke detector.
You may also want to watch:
The service said damage to the alarms, when the unit was not attached to the ceiling, resulted in ‘disruption to internal components’ causing the battery to overheat.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 3 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 4 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out