Smoke alarm concern in Sidmouth and other news
Fire service bosses are writing to homeowners who have had a Fire Angel ST-620 model smoke alarm installed because the unit could be a potential fire risk. Read this and more.
EXTENSION HOPE: Owners of 1Arcot Garden, Sidmouth, have applied for planning permission for a single-storey extension.
ALARMS: Fire service bosses are writing to homeowners who have had a Fire Angel ST-620 model smoke alarm installed because the unit could be a potential fire risk.
The move has been prompted by several minor incidents involving the model of smoke detector.
You may also want to watch:
The service said damage to the alarms, when the unit was not attached to the ceiling, resulted in ‘disruption to internal components’ causing the battery to overheat.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 7 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 8 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach