Sneak peak inside Ottery’s new library ahead of preview event
- Credit: Archant
The Herald has had a sneak peek inside Ottery’s state-of-the-art new library before residents get the chance to preview it tomorrow afternoon (Friday).
The library has moved from the Flexton to the former NatWest building in Silver Street and builders are still hard at work to get it finished before residents have a first look round between 4.30pm and 6pm.
The facility will welcome its first customers from 10am tomorrow, with special activities running until 1pm including a book signing with local crime writer Graham Hurley and readings from Winnie the Pooh by storyteller Ian Pearce.
Refreshments will be available from the Friends of Ottery Library.
It is the first new library to be opened by Libraries Unlimited and will also be home to the town’s Tourist Information Centre.
You may also want to watch:
An opening ceremony is planned for Saturday, March 18.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Set aside a wild patch in your garden - better to watch than the television!