Social lunch to be held in Sidford and other news
- Credit: Getty Images
St Peter’s Church Hall in Sidford is holding a social lunch on Monday (February 18) from 12.30pm. Read this and more.
FLIPPING GREAT: Sidmouth’s annual pancake races for teams of two or four are on Tuesday.
The Sid Valley Rotary Club event is traditionally held a week after Shrove Tuesday, and this year benefits the group’s ‘end polio now’ project.
Children’s races are from 12.30pm to 1pm, ahead of adult races from 1pm to 2pm.
Team entry for adults is £20 and for children is free.
You may also want to watch:
LADIES’ PRAYER: The Women’s World Day of Prayer is being marked at St Luke’s church in Newton Poppleford on Friday, March 1, and all are welcome.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
Speaker Ruth Edmonds will lead the service, under the title ‘I was a stranger and you welcomed me’ from 6.30pm.
FOOD FUN: St Peter’s Church Hall in Sidford is holding a social lunch on Monday (February 18) from 12.30pm.
Entry is £3, which includes soup and pudding. All are welcome.
HORROR HELP: A group of young filmmakers who want to shoot a horror movie in Devon are looking for funding.
To help or for more information e-mail producer Dan Haslam at firstname.lastname@example.org, or director Chris Thomas at email@example.com