Socks in Sidford raise �500 and other news
Driving forces behind a bid to build young rugby players a pavilion near Sidford hope socks have helped net more than �500 to help kit out the hub. Read this and more.
SOCK IT TO’EM: Driving forces behind a bid to build young rugby players a pavilion near Sidford hope socks have helped net more than �500 to help kit out the hub.
Sidmouth Rugby Club’s junior committee commissioned a ‘Wacky Sox’ design to commemorate their 40th anniversary.
They also staged a mass Zumbathon last Sunday which raised �350.
You may also want to watch:
POLICE CHIEF: Police have announced the appointment of Chief Superintendent Paul Davies as the new Commander for Devon.
He said: “Having worked in the county for most of my service, it is an absolute privilege to take on this challenging role and I am relishing the opportunity”.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
Ch Supt Davies added that his aim as a leader was to allow officers to be creative and innovative in their work, while challenging them to maintain the highest professional standards.
ALARM WARNING: Fire service bosses in Devon are writing to residents who have had a Fire Angel ST-620 model smoke alarm installed following reported problems with the model.
Community safety and risk reduction manager Phil Martin stressed the service was taking precautions to ensure the homes it had supplied with the alarm are fitted correctly.
He added: “There is a very small chance that should this particular model of alarm fall from the ceiling or is dropped or damaged in any other way, it could cause a short circuit which could cause overheating. Public safety is always of paramount importance to us, which is why we are writing to those homes that we have a record of having the ST-620 model installed.”
“If we believe they are at risk, we will carry out a home safety visit to assess the situation.”