Soft touch for Sidmouth play area
IT S full steam ahead at Sidmouth Pre-School, after a new play surface was laid last week.
IT'S full steam ahead at Sidmouth Pre-School, after a new play surface was laid last week.
The permanent soft fall area cost just over �4,000 and �2,500 came from part of the �25,000 awarded to Sidmouth, Sidford Devon County Councillor Stuart Councillor Stuart Hughes, by DCC from the proceeds of Exeter Airport "to provide funding for projects in my electoral division."
He added: "I had approached the pre-school to see if I could help them in any way.
"The other two projects that I provided funding towards was the electricity supply on The Ham, which has benefited FolkWeek and �5,000 towards the restoration of Kennaway House."
You may also want to watch:
Pre-School manager Lynne Rattue said its committee was busy fundraising for the rest of the money.
She added: "The play area will allow us to use the outdoor space throughout the year.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 4 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 5 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 6 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
"This helps all aspects of children's development and gives children first-hand contact with the weather, seasons and the natural world.
"Outdoor environments offer children freedom to explore, use their senses and be physically active.
"Sidmouth Garden Centre has kindly offered to re-turf the area around the edges of the soft surface area to finish it off nicely for us.