Soggy Sidmouth September doesn’t hamper traders
A SOGGY September hasn’t hampered Sidmouth restaurant and cafe owners, who say it’s been ‘business as usual’.
But proprietors are looking forward to a busy weekend with temperatures set to soar, writes Charlie Lister.
Shelley Maynard, at the Marlborough ice-cream kiosk on the Esplnande said September had been steady, following the always-busy summer season. She is looking forward to a good weekend with the expected heat-wave.
Katrina Lort, owner of Selley’s in Libra Court, is prepared for any weather – and has even invested in blankets for customers who use their courtyard.
The business also been Kennel Club recognised as a dog-friendly establishment.
You may also want to watch:
It is Kristina Narmontaite’s first year at Baraza. She said September was still consistent after a busy summer, and was looking forward to using the courtyard as the weather improves this weekend.
The Chattery has been busy as usual. Owner Gary Penhaligon said: “Even when it’s hot and sunny and most people are down on the seafront, we have a really great group of regulars to keep us going.” He added: “We’ve already started filling up for Christmas.”
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 7 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park