Soldiers Charity �440 cheque from Waitrose scheme
Sidmouth customers aid Services charity
A CHEQUE for �440 has been presented to the ABF Soldiers Charity by Waitrose through its Community Matters scheme.
Michael Pentreath, pictured centre, accepted the cheque recently from Anndy Roddy, department manager (right) and store employee Andy Miller.
Mr Pentreath said: “We are extremely grateful to Waitrose and its customers who voted to help the Soldier’s Charity. As you can imagine, out funds are under increasing pressure to provide grants to soldiers and their families as a result of operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.
“In Devon we are spending over �100,000 a year to help soldiers, veterans and their families, and ABF works closely with other service charities to provide the best possible assistance.”
You may also want to watch:
Each month three charities share �1,000 given by Waitrose, with customers voting who to give their money to using green tokens.
- 1 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank