Soldiers Charity �440 cheque from Waitrose scheme
Sidmouth customers aid Services charity
A CHEQUE for �440 has been presented to the ABF Soldiers Charity by Waitrose through its Community Matters scheme.
Michael Pentreath, pictured centre, accepted the cheque recently from Anndy Roddy, department manager (right) and store employee Andy Miller.
Mr Pentreath said: “We are extremely grateful to Waitrose and its customers who voted to help the Soldier’s Charity. As you can imagine, out funds are under increasing pressure to provide grants to soldiers and their families as a result of operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.
“In Devon we are spending over �100,000 a year to help soldiers, veterans and their families, and ABF works closely with other service charities to provide the best possible assistance.”
You may also want to watch:
Each month three charities share �1,000 given by Waitrose, with customers voting who to give their money to using green tokens.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 7 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon