Soldiers Charity �440 cheque from Waitrose scheme
Sidmouth customers aid Services charity
A CHEQUE for �440 has been presented to the ABF Soldiers Charity by Waitrose through its Community Matters scheme.
Michael Pentreath, pictured centre, accepted the cheque recently from Anndy Roddy, department manager (right) and store employee Andy Miller.
Mr Pentreath said: “We are extremely grateful to Waitrose and its customers who voted to help the Soldier’s Charity. As you can imagine, out funds are under increasing pressure to provide grants to soldiers and their families as a result of operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.
“In Devon we are spending over �100,000 a year to help soldiers, veterans and their families, and ABF works closely with other service charities to provide the best possible assistance.”
Each month three charities share �1,000 given by Waitrose, with customers voting who to give their money to using green tokens.
- 1 UPDATE: Man dies after A3052 accident
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 Do you have a crocodile bush near you?
- 4 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 5 Simply having a wonderful Christmas time in Sidmouth
- 6 Join fellow freelancers and homeworkers at Sidmouth's ‘Jelly' sessions
- 7 Three injured in Sidmouth road accident
- 8 From Sidmouth with solidarity: amnesty group writes to overseas political prisoners
- 9 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth