Soldiers Charity �440 cheque from Waitrose scheme
Sidmouth customers aid Services charity
A CHEQUE for �440 has been presented to the ABF Soldiers Charity by Waitrose through its Community Matters scheme.
Michael Pentreath, pictured centre, accepted the cheque recently from Anndy Roddy, department manager (right) and store employee Andy Miller.
Mr Pentreath said: “We are extremely grateful to Waitrose and its customers who voted to help the Soldier’s Charity. As you can imagine, out funds are under increasing pressure to provide grants to soldiers and their families as a result of operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.
“In Devon we are spending over �100,000 a year to help soldiers, veterans and their families, and ABF works closely with other service charities to provide the best possible assistance.”
You may also want to watch:
Each month three charities share �1,000 given by Waitrose, with customers voting who to give their money to using green tokens.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 3 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 4 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 5 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 6 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 7 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 8 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 9 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 10 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit