Pottery business to pop-up in Sidmouth for Christmas period
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth businesswoman is hoping there will be ‘something lovely’ for everyone as she prepares to open her first pop-up shop.
Emma Swallow launched her mobile pottery business Something Lovely this year and began hosting a series of children and adults' painting parties.
During the summer she held pottery sessions at Kennaway House and with a growing demand decided to set up shop in Libra Court in the run-up to Christmas.
The mum-of-two hopes the move could lead to her achieving her dream of running her own pottery painting shop in her hometown.
Mrs Swallow said: "The success over the summer led me to believe there is interested and I had lots of people asking if I did other days.
You may also want to watch:
"I am very excited and Libra Court seems the perfect location to pop up as I'm surrounded by creativity and a coffee shop for painters to get refreshments while painting. All the Libra Court businesses have been very welcoming.
"I'm very excited to have a base for people to come and paint. Christmas is perfect for people to make gifts and also get some relaxing time during the festivities.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon
- 9 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
"I can also personalise items for anyone who is finding it hard to fit in a painting session.
"I am really hoping that if the next three months go well I can stay on and become a permanent shop.
"I am so excited and feel very blessed to have such support all around me to allow me to fulfil the dream of owning my very own pottery painting shop."
The pop-up will launch in Libra Court on Saturday, October 12, and will be open from 10am to 5pm. An official ribbon cutting will take place at 2.15pm.
There will be fizz and nibbles following the ribbon ceremony and visitors can participate in a lucky dip.
The shop will be offering discounts for those who book a future painting session and is holding a competition
Anyone who brings a launch flyer will be entered into a prize draw to win a painting session.