Sophie’s design is a winner for Ottery St Mary Food and Families Festival
- Credit: Archant
The creative talents of a King’s School student are to go on display across Ottery, as the official artwork of the upcoming Food and Families Festival.
Sophie Andow, of year eight, was praised for her ‘striking design’ that was picked to be recreated on the poster and programme for the annual event, which takes place in the town on Saturday, June 4.
As part of their coursework, students were asked to base their designs on Russian constructivism.
Festival organiser Ruud Jansen Venneboer, of Mazzard Farm, said: “Some fabulous work was produced by the students and the judging panel had a hard job deciding which one was best.
“After some serious deliberations, and short-listing 11 candidates, the winning piece was selected. Sophie was chuffed to be told the great news. The striking design will soon be visible all over Ottery and in the immediate area around the town.”
You may also want to watch:
All shortlisted entries are on display at Samosa Lady.
Anticipation is mounting ahead of the fourth annual Ottery St Mary Food and Families Festival, which is a free event that aims to celebrate local produce in the community.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge