SOS issues plea to East Devon councillors over relocation
THE chairman of the Save Our Sidmouth has written to all East Devon councillors over a decision that will ‘affect the district for as long as it is in existence’.
Richard Thurlow has made a plea to members over the authority’s mooted move to SkyPark – and reminded them they are accountable.
He has provided a detailed analysis of the mooted move.
The relocation project, and the intention to move to a £1million plot to the extreme west of the district, will be discussed at a full council meeting on Wednesday (February 26).
Mr Thurlow says the move should not go ahead as it ‘is financially flawed, exceptionally risky in these difficult economic times and detrimental to employees and the town of Sidmouth.’
You may also want to watch:
“We fail to understand any rationale for the choice of Skypark,” he says in his correspondence.
“The decision belies common sense.”
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge