South West businesses in record tourism year
- Credit: Archant
Businesses in Sidford and Branscombe have pushed the South West towards a record year in the Visit England tourism awards.
The region’s attractions represent a quarter of the 67 finalists for the national accolade, and tourism bosses say the South West’s place as England’s pre-eminent tourism destination has been cemented.
Contributing to the South West’s efforts are the Salty Monk in the B&B category and Oakdown in the holiday parks section.
They join three other finalists from Devon, six from Cornwall, three from Somerset, two from Bristol, and one each from the Cotswolds and Wiltshire.
The Visit England awards follow the South West Tourism Excellence Awards, and will be held in Manchester on May 20.
You may also want to watch:
Oakdown and the Salty Monk have already received national and regional awards.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action