South West businesses in record tourism year
- Credit: Archant
Businesses in Sidford and Branscombe have pushed the South West towards a record year in the Visit England tourism awards.
The region’s attractions represent a quarter of the 67 finalists for the national accolade, and tourism bosses say the South West’s place as England’s pre-eminent tourism destination has been cemented.
Contributing to the South West’s efforts are the Salty Monk in the B&B category and Oakdown in the holiday parks section.
They join three other finalists from Devon, six from Cornwall, three from Somerset, two from Bristol, and one each from the Cotswolds and Wiltshire.
The Visit England awards follow the South West Tourism Excellence Awards, and will be held in Manchester on May 20.
You may also want to watch:
Oakdown and the Salty Monk have already received national and regional awards.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again