South West in Bloom judges ‘uplifted’ by visit to Beer
- Credit: Archant
“Hugely impressed” was among the comments from one of the South West in Bloom judges who visited Beer on Thursday, July 18.
Last year Beer won a Gold award, and the In Bloom volunteers are hoping for another success this year.
Bob Sweet, one of the judges who toured Beer last week, said it was a 'very competent entry' and added: "We were hugely impressed with all the work that has been done to make this year's entry look so good.
"The colour and quality of the plants in the main street were exceptional, among the best we have seen this year."
South West In Bloom, the regional competition within Britain In Bloom, is judged not only on horticultural excellence, but also on the community spirit involved. Beer did well on that score too, with Mr Sweet praising the 'collective effort' that had created the displays.
You may also want to watch:
"We came away from Beer with a very uplifted spirit," he said.
The winners will be announced in October.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge