Sparkler spotted over Sidmouth
SOMETHING resembling “a giant sparkler” has been spotted in the night sky over Sidmouth.
The object caught the attention of All Saints Road resident Peggy Watt as she was closing the curtains in her spare bedroom on August 24. Sparkling in the distance, the spherical object got faster as it got closer, and moved off toward Blackmore Gardens.
“I wasn’t imagining it and I hadn’t had a drink,” said Peggy, 83. “It was like a giant sparkler, or dandelion, and completely silent.
“I rushed to the other side of the house to see if I could catch it, but it had gone.”
She is keen to know if anyone else saw it, or knows what it could be.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve no idea what it was, and can’t even think what it could be, but someone else might know,” she said.
This isn’t Peggy’s first sighting - she once saw something in the sky while on holiday in Cornwall.
- 1 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
“I called RNAS Culdrose and they said it was probably a helicopter, but it wasn’t anything like that,” she said.
Did you see the object over Sidmouth, or know what it might have been? If so, call the Herald on (01392) 888499.