Sparkling Sidbury fireworks
- Credit: Archant
A flaming arrow will kick off this year’s fireworks display at Sidbury Manor in spectacular fashion tomorrow night (Saturday, November 1 ).
The organising committee always tries to do something different to wow the crowds and instead of a bonfire, Rodney Cross and his crew have constructed a Viking longboat.
The display will take place in the sloped field next to Sidbury Manor with the permission of Sir John and Lady Cave.
The fireworks will be fired over the lake so everyone can have a good view.
A committee of residents give up their spare time to organise the event, and this year one of the main beneficiaries is Sidmouth Hospiscare.
You may also want to watch:
An archer will start the fire at 6.45pm and there will be live music from The Culprits and a bar offering local ales, ciders and mulled wine to warm the cockles.
In addition, there will be hot pork rolls and burgers on offer along with tea, coffee, candy floss and toffee apples.
- 1 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
Tickets (£6 for adults, £4 for under-14s and free for under-fives) are available on the gate.
Plenty of parking will be available and attendees are advised to wear sensible footwear.