Sparkling Sidbury fireworks
- Credit: Archant
A flaming arrow will kick off this year’s fireworks display at Sidbury Manor in spectacular fashion tomorrow night (Saturday, November 1 ).
The organising committee always tries to do something different to wow the crowds and instead of a bonfire, Rodney Cross and his crew have constructed a Viking longboat.
The display will take place in the sloped field next to Sidbury Manor with the permission of Sir John and Lady Cave.
The fireworks will be fired over the lake so everyone can have a good view.
A committee of residents give up their spare time to organise the event, and this year one of the main beneficiaries is Sidmouth Hospiscare.
You may also want to watch:
An archer will start the fire at 6.45pm and there will be live music from The Culprits and a bar offering local ales, ciders and mulled wine to warm the cockles.
In addition, there will be hot pork rolls and burgers on offer along with tea, coffee, candy floss and toffee apples.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 4 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 5 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 8 Ottery St Mary sadly lose a club legend
- 9 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
Tickets (£6 for adults, £4 for under-14s and free for under-fives) are available on the gate.
Plenty of parking will be available and attendees are advised to wear sensible footwear.