Sparky is set free
HAVING been released from police custody, a rogue Sidbury scarecrow is planning his next adventure.
Known as Sparky, he first caused concern when spotted leaning over a bridge in Sidford. Just 24-hours later he was seen climbing a tree in Woolbrook Road, clutching a bottle of cider. That’s when Sidmouth police took him in for being drunk and disorderly. A Facebook page entitled Free the Sidbury One was set up to try and clear his name.
After a short spell in the cells, the 6ft 6in tearaway, dressed in high-visibility yellow jacket and trousers, was handed over to his creator Kym White, of Pound Close, Sidbury.
Kym had made the scarecrow for Sidbury Fair Week, and Sparky’s been a-wandering ever since. Kym’s aim is to keep the scarecrow-spotting going as long as he can.
“It’s just for a laugh, he’s going to keep dispappearing,” said full-time fireman Kym, 42, who runs a property maintenance firm. “The police have my business card so ,whenever he goes walkies, they can call me.”
You may also want to watch:
After relaxing in a phone box for a while, Sparky has headed up on the roof. And it’s likely he’ll be joined by his twin and girlfriend in the near future.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 8 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 9 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary