Sparky is set free
HAVING been released from police custody, a rogue Sidbury scarecrow is planning his next adventure.
Known as Sparky, he first caused concern when spotted leaning over a bridge in Sidford. Just 24-hours later he was seen climbing a tree in Woolbrook Road, clutching a bottle of cider. That’s when Sidmouth police took him in for being drunk and disorderly. A Facebook page entitled Free the Sidbury One was set up to try and clear his name.
After a short spell in the cells, the 6ft 6in tearaway, dressed in high-visibility yellow jacket and trousers, was handed over to his creator Kym White, of Pound Close, Sidbury.
Kym had made the scarecrow for Sidbury Fair Week, and Sparky’s been a-wandering ever since. Kym’s aim is to keep the scarecrow-spotting going as long as he can.
“It’s just for a laugh, he’s going to keep dispappearing,” said full-time fireman Kym, 42, who runs a property maintenance firm. “The police have my business card so ,whenever he goes walkies, they can call me.”
You may also want to watch:
After relaxing in a phone box for a while, Sparky has headed up on the roof. And it’s likely he’ll be joined by his twin and girlfriend in the near future.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight