Special Macmillan centenary concert in Sidmouth
Isca Ensemble performs in new concert for Macmillan Cancer Support
A SPECIAL candlelit concert, celebrating Macmillan Cancer Support charity’s centenary, will be held at Sidmouth Parish Church on Saturday, February 18, from 7.30pm.
Musical director, Roger Hendy, will conduct the Isca Ensemble performing concert classics in this one-off event: Nicolai’s overture to Merry Wives of Windsor, Schubert’s Symphony No 8 Unfinished and Beethoven’s Symphony No 6, Pastoral.
Tickets are �10 and �5 for students, including refreshments, and are available from Paragon Books, High Street, Sidmouth. Tel: 01395 514516.
There will be a retiring collection for Macmillan Cancer Support Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
Joyce Burnham, the group’s chairman, said: “For those who have been to any previous concerts with Roger and the ISCA Ensemble they will know how wonderful they are.
“More people have now joined the orchestra…and this new concert is one people should not miss.”
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 6 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 9 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 10 After shopping in town why not give your feet a treat