Special Macmillan centenary concert in Sidmouth
Isca Ensemble performs in new concert for Macmillan Cancer Support
A SPECIAL candlelit concert, celebrating Macmillan Cancer Support charity’s centenary, will be held at Sidmouth Parish Church on Saturday, February 18, from 7.30pm.
Musical director, Roger Hendy, will conduct the Isca Ensemble performing concert classics in this one-off event: Nicolai’s overture to Merry Wives of Windsor, Schubert’s Symphony No 8 Unfinished and Beethoven’s Symphony No 6, Pastoral.
Tickets are �10 and �5 for students, including refreshments, and are available from Paragon Books, High Street, Sidmouth. Tel: 01395 514516.
There will be a retiring collection for Macmillan Cancer Support Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
Joyce Burnham, the group’s chairman, said: “For those who have been to any previous concerts with Roger and the ISCA Ensemble they will know how wonderful they are.
“More people have now joined the orchestra…and this new concert is one people should not miss.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight