Special service and hog-roast to mark Ottery church celebrations
AN OPEN-air service and hog-roast on Sunday will mark Ottery s celebrations to mark the 1,100th anniversary of the Diocese of Exeter.
AN OPEN-air service and hog-roast on Sunday will mark Ottery's celebrations to mark the 1,100th anniversary of the Diocese of Exeter.
The special events in the Land of Canaan have been organised by the Otter Vale Ministry Team and will see Bishop Bob of Crediton visit the town.
Bishop Bob has also agreed to be 'kidnapped' by local youngsters as part of tomorrow's Pixie Day celebrations.
Orgainsers have hailed Sunday, which will also feature a special service in the parish church at 10.30am, as their "biggest event of the year".
You may also want to watch:
The hog roast will take place from 12.30pm with the open air service following at 2.30pm.
See photos of the event in next week's Herald, or watch video next week at www.sidmouthherald.co.uk.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98