Special service and hog-roast to mark Ottery church celebrations
AN OPEN-air service and hog-roast on Sunday will mark Ottery s celebrations to mark the 1,100th anniversary of the Diocese of Exeter.
AN OPEN-air service and hog-roast on Sunday will mark Ottery's celebrations to mark the 1,100th anniversary of the Diocese of Exeter.
The special events in the Land of Canaan have been organised by the Otter Vale Ministry Team and will see Bishop Bob of Crediton visit the town.
Bishop Bob has also agreed to be 'kidnapped' by local youngsters as part of tomorrow's Pixie Day celebrations.
Orgainsers have hailed Sunday, which will also feature a special service in the parish church at 10.30am, as their "biggest event of the year".
You may also want to watch:
The hog roast will take place from 12.30pm with the open air service following at 2.30pm.
See photos of the event in next week's Herald, or watch video next week at www.sidmouthherald.co.uk.
- 1 Town's garden efforts on display at Chelsea Flower Show
- 2 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 3 7 of the prettiest streets in Sidmouth
- 4 Can you hear me? Science festival will attempt a new tin can phone world record
- 5 The act of giving makes a big difference
- 6 Young surfer raising hundreds of pounds with sponsored beach clean
- 7 New gin launch helps raise funds for Tar Barrel tradition
- 8 Let's engage with youths to help keep environment clean
- 9 Lifeboat responds to two call-outs in one night
- 10 Initial findings show town's waterways are healthy