Speeders in the area - beware!
- Credit: Archant
Police in Ottery St Mary have a new piece of kit at their disposal to help crack down on speeding motorists in the parish.
Officers will be using their new Ultra Lyte speed gun in areas where residents have reported concerns about road safety - including Gerway Lane, Mill Street and around Otter Nurseries.
Ottery police previously had to share a single gun with colleagues in Sidmouth.
But, following a successful bid by officers in the seaside town for new kit, the spare gun has been passed on free of charge.
PCSO Maria Clapp said that police efforts would not just be limited to areas where people had complained about speeding.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll be out in the villages as well,” she said. “We would like drivers to have consideration for other road users and to drive at the appropriate speed for the area and conditions.”
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon