Speeders in the area - beware!
- Credit: Archant
Police in Ottery St Mary have a new piece of kit at their disposal to help crack down on speeding motorists in the parish.
Officers will be using their new Ultra Lyte speed gun in areas where residents have reported concerns about road safety - including Gerway Lane, Mill Street and around Otter Nurseries.
Ottery police previously had to share a single gun with colleagues in Sidmouth.
But, following a successful bid by officers in the seaside town for new kit, the spare gun has been passed on free of charge.
PCSO Maria Clapp said that police efforts would not just be limited to areas where people had complained about speeding.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll be out in the villages as well,” she said. “We would like drivers to have consideration for other road users and to drive at the appropriate speed for the area and conditions.”
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman