Speeders in the area - beware!
- Credit: Archant
Police in Ottery St Mary have a new piece of kit at their disposal to help crack down on speeding motorists in the parish.
Officers will be using their new Ultra Lyte speed gun in areas where residents have reported concerns about road safety - including Gerway Lane, Mill Street and around Otter Nurseries.
Ottery police previously had to share a single gun with colleagues in Sidmouth.
But, following a successful bid by officers in the seaside town for new kit, the spare gun has been passed on free of charge.
PCSO Maria Clapp said that police efforts would not just be limited to areas where people had complained about speeding.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll be out in the villages as well,” she said. “We would like drivers to have consideration for other road users and to drive at the appropriate speed for the area and conditions.”
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop
- 8 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth