Spooky tour for charity at Beer Quarry Caves
Hallowe’en costumes order of day for Help For Heroes Beer cave tour
BATS are a familiar sight in Beer Quarry Caves, but this year there may be a few extra to encounter when staff hold, for the first time, a fun Hallowe’en walk around the caves in aid of charity.
For the final tour of the season, starting at 4.30pm on Sunday, October 31, staff, wearing suitable Hallowe’en costumes, will give their time free and there will be a reduced entry fee of �4 each for cash only on the day.
This, plus any donations, will go to Help for Heroes charity.
Tour guide Dave Mutter, whose idea for the spooky tour has the backing of manager John Scott, said: “We can take 50 people on the tour, and the minimum age is six. We want everyone to come in Hallowe’en outfits, ensuring they have warm clothes underneath as the caves are cold.”
Part of the caves will be candlelit to add to the atmosphere and there will be Hallowe’en pumpkins in the caves too.
Numbers for the tour, which will be about 45 minutes, are restricted, so booking is essential, either by ringing the caves on (01297) 680282, or via its website: www.beerquarrycaves.fsnet.co.uk and click on the ghost.
- 1 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 2 Opening a new shop presents a risk, but rewards are there if you work hard
- 3 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 4 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 5 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 6 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 7 With your help, a range of new laws will help us all
- 8 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 9 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 10 Heather Spratt - the unsung hero of the heathland
“It should be a good fun, scary experience!” said Dave, who will be main guide on the tour, “but we won’t frighten children too much, they will be excited doing the dressing up.”