Spots remaining for Sidmouth’s annual Swimathon
- Credit: Archant
It is only three weeks until organisations around the Sid Valley make a splash at this year’s Swimathon.
The Rotary Club of Sidmouth has seen a rise in new teams signing up including the Care Quality Commission, the Friends of Sidholme, Sidmouth Gospel Choir and Sid Vale Probus Club.
Rotarian Nigel Sharp, who has organised the event, said there are four spaces left for anyone who would like to enter the event on October 7.
Teams will have one hour to swim as many lengths as possible between 4pm and 8pm in Sidmouth Swimming Pool.
The Friends of Sidholme are among the trio of beneficiaries this year, with proceeds from the event being donated to give free musical workshops for young people.
You may also want to watch:
The money will also be split between Sidmouth Hospiscare and the Admiral Nurse campaign.
Last year’s event raised £7,500 for Sid Valley causes.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
If you would like to join contact organiser Nigel Sharp on 01395 513168 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.