Spread the word for World Book Day.
READERS around Devon will be finding out about hidden gems of literary fiction for this year s World Book Day on Thursday March 5th.
READERS around Devon will be finding out about hidden gems of literary fiction for this year's World Book Day on Thursday March 5th.
The 'Spread the Word' campaign has been taken up by reading groups in the county who have voted for their favourites which have been whittled down to a shortlist of ten.
* The fantastic book of everybody's secrets by Sophie Hannah
* Vicky had one eye open by Darryl Samaraweera
* Fifteen modern tales of attraction by Alison MacLeod
* Random deaths and custard by Catrin Dafydd
- 1 New store launches in Sidmouth's Fore Street
- 2 Ukraine refugee supporter Mukie opens community cafe
- 3 Sidmouth’s first Jazz Festival hits the right note
- 4 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 5 Simon Jupp calls for Prime Minister's resignation
- 6 Stark warning on spending from Devon finance chief
- 7 New direction and new chair at Vision Group for Sidmouth
- 8 Date set for Straitgate Quarry appeal hearing
- 9 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 10 Chief of staff Steve Barclay replaces Sajid Javid as health secretary
* Catch a fish from the sea (using the internet) by Nasreen Akhtar
* Bad traffic by Simon Lewis
* Wild by Jay Griffiths
* Imagine this by Sade Adeniran
* The opposite of love by Julie Buxbaum
* Season of the witch by Natasha Mostert
Readers around Devon libraries are how going online at www.worldbookday.com to discuss and vote on the titles in the hope of winning �100 worth of book tokens.
One of the writers on the list, Sophie Hannah, who writes psychological thrillers, will be visiting Exeter Central Library next Thursday February 19.
Barnstaple Library is also holding a special event for World Book Day. John Jameson from Cotswold Bookbinders will be holding a workshop in the Henry Williamson Room on Saturday February 28.
Visitors will be able to create a beautiful self-made book from scratch, from cutting the paper and sewing sections together right through to covering the book with authentic bookbinding materials from John's bindery.
All materials will be provided, the workshop will run from 10.00am until 15.30pm. The cost is �20 per person and is suitable for anyone over the age of 16. To book a ticket telephone 01271 388593.