School hires out sports facilities to build community links
- Credit: Archant
Sports and social clubs in Sidmouth are being offered the chance to use the facilities at St John’s International School, as it works to build stronger relationships with the local community.
The school in Broadway has an indoor pool, sports hall, fields and other grounds, and is making them available for hire by outside organisations.
It has already come to arrangements with Sidmouth Running Club, the Vikings youth football team, Sidmouth Netball Club, and would be happy to hear from others that might be interested.
It is also joining forces with Sidmouth’s golf and croquet clubs and the riding stables, to give students the chance to try their activities.
St John’s currently has no boarders, as its international students all returned home when lockdown began, but head of PE, Jenni Yeoman, said the school will ‘work around it’ when they return next year.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I think the main message we’d like to get out is that Covid has made us look closer to home and strengthen the links and relationships with the community.”
For further information, email Jenni.firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the school on 01395 513984.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 4 Peninsula League season could be over
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways