St Nick's pupil bookworm award
SNAKES, spiders and creepy crawlies may not be appealing to most little girls but they have helped a St Nick pupil gain a book track award. Jemima Proctor, aged 7 and a quarter, was presented with the book track certificate and badge last Friday after re
SNAKES, spiders and creepy crawlies may not be appealing to most little girls but they have helped a St Nick pupil gain a book track award.
Jemima Proctor, aged 7 and a quarter, was presented with the book track certificate and badge last Friday after reading 100 books through a scheme run by Devon County Council Libraries.
Jemima was thrilled to be presented with the award by Sidmouth Library manager, Gill Spence.
She said: "I am very pleased and it was very fun to read all those books.
You may also want to watch:
"I really like reading non-fiction books about birds, insects and animals and my favourite author is Jeremy Strong."
Jemima's great-grandfather was a master baker and she may well follow in his footsteps as she admitted she also enjoys reading cookbooks.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 10 The more we work together the better it will be
She added: "I want to be a baker because I love cooking. I'm going to make a trifle this year for Christmas. I might need a little bit of help but I'm going to make most of it on my own."
Helen Proctor, Jemima's mum, said: "The staff at the library have been fantastic, supportive and very encouraging.
"They make it very enjoyable for the children and there are lots of activities for the children to take part in."
Gill Spence said: "We do enjoy book track. It is a very popular and successful scheme.
"The children love it and we really enjoy interacting with them.