St Nick's pupils are pulling the strings!
ST Nick s pupils became puppet masters for the day when they took part in an educational workshop this week. PuppetCraft, a national touring company based in Totnes, visited the year five pupils on Tuesday and taught them how to make shadow puppets. Nick
ST Nick's pupils became puppet masters for the day when they took part in an educational workshop this week.
PuppetCraft, a national touring company based in Totnes, visited the year five pupils on Tuesday and taught them how to make shadow puppets.
Nick Kitchen, head of year five, said: "We linked three curriculum areas as the children are studying India in geography, light in science and also design and technology.
"The children learnt about opaque and transparent light and they were all given an Indian story and the puppet had to reflect the character in the story."
You may also want to watch:
After the children made the puppets they performed a shadow puppet show for their fellow pupils.
Mr Kitchen added: "The children thoroughly enjoyed themselves and it has improved their listening, communication and design skills.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 3 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 6 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 7 School's hill climb challenge
- 8 Family triumph in Sidmouth golf team stableford
- 9 Beautiful news for fans of music festival
- 10 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
"At the end of the term we will be organising a similar event but the children will have to make the puppets without any help and they will be given a different story to perform.