St Nick's pupils are pulling the strings!
ST Nick s pupils became puppet masters for the day when they took part in an educational workshop this week. PuppetCraft, a national touring company based in Totnes, visited the year five pupils on Tuesday and taught them how to make shadow puppets. Nick
ST Nick's pupils became puppet masters for the day when they took part in an educational workshop this week.
PuppetCraft, a national touring company based in Totnes, visited the year five pupils on Tuesday and taught them how to make shadow puppets.
Nick Kitchen, head of year five, said: "We linked three curriculum areas as the children are studying India in geography, light in science and also design and technology.
"The children learnt about opaque and transparent light and they were all given an Indian story and the puppet had to reflect the character in the story."
You may also want to watch:
After the children made the puppets they performed a shadow puppet show for their fellow pupils.
Mr Kitchen added: "The children thoroughly enjoyed themselves and it has improved their listening, communication and design skills.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 10 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
"At the end of the term we will be organising a similar event but the children will have to make the puppets without any help and they will be given a different story to perform.