St Nicks pupils dance like an Egyptian
DANCE like an Egyptian! Ninety Year Three pupils at Sidmouth s St Nicholas Junior School completed a term s project on learning about Egypt by performing to parents on Friday.
DANCE like an Egyptian! Ninety Year Three pupils at Sidmouth's St Nicholas Junior School completed a term's project on learning about Egypt by performing to parents on Friday.
Pyramid Quest looks at everything from using science to work out how the pyramid blocks were moved on rollers, to using technology to design moving mummies and the processes of mummification.
Year Three co-ordinator Kate Watts said: "It was a cross-curricular theme. We used maths and English too, learning Egyptian hieroglyphs and making story books.
"At Friday's Egypt day children and staff dressed up and made jewellery for the occasion.
You may also want to watch:
"The children performed for parents and showed them their design and technology work."
Next term Year Three will be studying the Jurassic Coast for their geography project Coasts, and will take a boat ride along the World Heritage coastline.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
They will do a coastal survey of Sidmouth and compare it to Australia's Great Barrier Reef.