St Nicks pupils dance like an Egyptian
DANCE like an Egyptian! Ninety Year Three pupils at Sidmouth s St Nicholas Junior School completed a term s project on learning about Egypt by performing to parents on Friday.
DANCE like an Egyptian! Ninety Year Three pupils at Sidmouth's St Nicholas Junior School completed a term's project on learning about Egypt by performing to parents on Friday.
Pyramid Quest looks at everything from using science to work out how the pyramid blocks were moved on rollers, to using technology to design moving mummies and the processes of mummification.
Year Three co-ordinator Kate Watts said: "It was a cross-curricular theme. We used maths and English too, learning Egyptian hieroglyphs and making story books.
"At Friday's Egypt day children and staff dressed up and made jewellery for the occasion.
You may also want to watch:
"The children performed for parents and showed them their design and technology work."
Next term Year Three will be studying the Jurassic Coast for their geography project Coasts, and will take a boat ride along the World Heritage coastline.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
They will do a coastal survey of Sidmouth and compare it to Australia's Great Barrier Reef.