St Nicks pupils dance like an Egyptian
DANCE like an Egyptian! Ninety Year Three pupils at Sidmouth s St Nicholas Junior School completed a term s project on learning about Egypt by performing to parents on Friday.
DANCE like an Egyptian! Ninety Year Three pupils at Sidmouth's St Nicholas Junior School completed a term's project on learning about Egypt by performing to parents on Friday.
Pyramid Quest looks at everything from using science to work out how the pyramid blocks were moved on rollers, to using technology to design moving mummies and the processes of mummification.
Year Three co-ordinator Kate Watts said: "It was a cross-curricular theme. We used maths and English too, learning Egyptian hieroglyphs and making story books.
"At Friday's Egypt day children and staff dressed up and made jewellery for the occasion.
You may also want to watch:
"The children performed for parents and showed them their design and technology work."
Next term Year Three will be studying the Jurassic Coast for their geography project Coasts, and will take a boat ride along the World Heritage coastline.
- 1 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 2 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 3 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 4 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 5 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 6 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 7 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 8 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 9 Joseph's year of 100 half marathons to support refugees
- 10 Art society gear up for return of exhibition
They will do a coastal survey of Sidmouth and compare it to Australia's Great Barrier Reef.