St Nicks pupils dance like an Egyptian
DANCE like an Egyptian! Ninety Year Three pupils at Sidmouth s St Nicholas Junior School completed a term s project on learning about Egypt by performing to parents on Friday.
DANCE like an Egyptian! Ninety Year Three pupils at Sidmouth's St Nicholas Junior School completed a term's project on learning about Egypt by performing to parents on Friday.
Pyramid Quest looks at everything from using science to work out how the pyramid blocks were moved on rollers, to using technology to design moving mummies and the processes of mummification.
Year Three co-ordinator Kate Watts said: "It was a cross-curricular theme. We used maths and English too, learning Egyptian hieroglyphs and making story books.
"At Friday's Egypt day children and staff dressed up and made jewellery for the occasion.
"The children performed for parents and showed them their design and technology work."
Next term Year Three will be studying the Jurassic Coast for their geography project Coasts, and will take a boat ride along the World Heritage coastline.
- 1 Business breakfast aims to link up local professionals
- 2 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 3 New town council chair sets out his aims
- 4 Bugler needed for Sidmouth beacon lighting event
- 5 Cost of living crisis how Sidmouth businesses are coping
- 6 'Thank you' - Ukraine medic moved to tears by donations from Ottery
- 7 Ottery residents struggling with Medical Centre absence
- 8 Mica Paris apologises to Sidmouth as festival concert is moved to following day
- 9 Recycled toy shop's kind gesture to Ukrainian families
- 10 Local slimmer wins prize for low-calorie stew recipe
They will do a coastal survey of Sidmouth and compare it to Australia's Great Barrier Reef.