St Nicks pupils dance like an Egyptian
DANCE like an Egyptian! Ninety Year Three pupils at Sidmouth s St Nicholas Junior School completed a term s project on learning about Egypt by performing to parents on Friday.
DANCE like an Egyptian! Ninety Year Three pupils at Sidmouth's St Nicholas Junior School completed a term's project on learning about Egypt by performing to parents on Friday.
Pyramid Quest looks at everything from using science to work out how the pyramid blocks were moved on rollers, to using technology to design moving mummies and the processes of mummification.
Year Three co-ordinator Kate Watts said: "It was a cross-curricular theme. We used maths and English too, learning Egyptian hieroglyphs and making story books.
"At Friday's Egypt day children and staff dressed up and made jewellery for the occasion.
"The children performed for parents and showed them their design and technology work."
Next term Year Three will be studying the Jurassic Coast for their geography project Coasts, and will take a boat ride along the World Heritage coastline.
- 1 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 4 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 5 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 6 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 7 Ottery's big switch on lights up the town
- 8 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 9 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 10 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
They will do a coastal survey of Sidmouth and compare it to Australia's Great Barrier Reef.