Staff from Sidmouth hotels do a spot of ‘moonlighting’ for charity
- Credit: Archant
Seven Sidmouth women are going to walk through the night along the route of the London marathon to raise money for a breast cancer charity.
The team consists of five members of staff from three Sidmouth hotels - Dukes, The Hotel Elizabeth and the Kingswood and Devoran Hotel – together with two friends.
They are joining the Moonwalk Challenge in aid of Walk the Walk in London on May 12.
Jo Watson, the hotels’ general manager, said: “It is a case of everybody knows somebody who has been affected by breast cancer.
“I have had a close friend who went through it last year.
You may also want to watch:
“It is something the team here wanted to get involved in, raising money for a good cause.”
The group has already got pledges of £1,200 for the charity.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
The group will begin their walk at midnight and will spend the early hours of the day completing the 26.2 mile route.
Jo said: “We’re used to late nights so that should hold us in good stead.”