Star student Matthew nets Exeter College award
- Credit: Archant
A STAR student from Sidmouth was among 27 achievers who picked up gongs at the Exeter College Awards.
Matthew Hindle was honoured as Art and Design Student of the Year in front of his proud family.
Tutors described Matthew, who landed an A* on his fine art and graphics A-level courses, as “an exceptional student displaying total and complete commitment to producing his best possible work”.
Matthew, also a former Sidmouth College student, returned from his degree course in graphic design at the University of the Arts in London to receive his accolade.
He said: “My tutors have been a great inspiration to me and I wouldn’t be where I am now without them. I hope that I can be a strong influence on the design world in the future and learn from an ever growing, ever developing industry.”
You may also want to watch:
The awards event was held at the Thistle Hotel last month.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Yellow weather warning for Devon
- 8 Let's have a jab at the protection racket as Covid debate continues
- 9 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance