Still time to buy ticket for charity raffle at Sidmouth shop
- Credit: Archant
There is still time to claim a raffle ticket to be in with the chance of winning a teddy bear crafted in the Prostate Cancer UK (PCUK) colours.
Sidmouth Gifts owners Jeannie Alderdice and John Wycherley will draw the winner at their Old Fore Street shop at 11am tomorrow (Saturday).
The couple raised £800 for PCUK last after John and Jeannie’s father were both touched by the disease and now they hope to replicate that success.
They are raffling a black and blue Haven Bear called Deene, a large cuddly turtle named Petal donated by Suki and a VW cushion knitted in the charity’s colours by Jeannie’s mum, Carole.
The master of ceremonies for the draw will be Sam Abrahams, the founder and musical director of La La Choirs, who will also be performing at a concert for the Ottery Help Scheme at Ottery Parish Church at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £1 each and all proceeds will go to PCUK.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future