Still time to enter virtual Newton Poppleford Show
- Credit: Archant
The organiser of a virtual village show in aid of Devon Air Ambulance is appealing for more entries in time for the closing date of Monday, August 31.
The Newton Poppleford Show is taking place on Facebook, with competitors sending in photos of their entries.
There are 50 classes, with a range of competitions for garden produce, baking, handicrafts, flower arrangements and photography.
In some categories there are separate sections for children and teenagers.
The show itself may be virtual, but there are real rosettes to win for the first to fifth prizes in each class.
You may also want to watch:
The rosettes are being made specially by the show’s organiser Zoe Adey, who runs Paws Rosettes and Ribbons.
The classes in which entries would be particularly welcome are: celebration cake, my hobby, my holidays, village life, decorated cupcakes, decorated biscuits, pizza faces, animal made from fruit and vegetables, bread rolls, scones, runner beans, sunflower heads, soft fruits,
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 8 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
pansies, pot plants, roses, sweet peas - and all the children’s classes.
Entries cost £1 or 50p per photo, depending on the class, and all the money raised will go to the Devon Air Ambulance Trust.
The competition is open to residents of Newton Poppleford, Harpford, Colaton Raleigh, Northmostown, Venn Ottery, Southerton and Tipton St. John.
Visit https://www.facebook.com/NPVillageShow/ for details of the different classes, and how to enter.