Stock up on medication warns NHS Devon
Sidmouth people should check their medication stocks before long weekend
PEOPLE in the Sidmouth area are reminded to stock up on essential medication ahead of the August bank holiday weekend.
GP practices and most pharmacies will be closed on Monday, August 30 and re-open the following day.
NHS Devon is reminding people to make sure they have enough medication to cover this period, which may entail asking for repeat prescriptions from their doctor; ensure they have sufficient medication to cover the period of going on holiday and to stock up their medicine cabinet to help with common ailments, such as flu or colds.
Those needing general medical advice should call NHS Direct on (0845) 46 47 or go to www.nhs.uk.
You may also want to watch:
Minor injuries units and walk-in centres are available at many community hospitals in the county for the treatment of cuts, sprains and minor burns. More details at www.devonpct.nhs.uk.
If people need urgent help from a doctor before their practice reopens, they should call Devon Doctors direct on (0845) 6710 270 or call their own surgery and listen to the recorded message.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 5 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 6 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses