Stock up on medication warns NHS Devon
Sidmouth people should check their medication stocks before long weekend
PEOPLE in the Sidmouth area are reminded to stock up on essential medication ahead of the August bank holiday weekend.
GP practices and most pharmacies will be closed on Monday, August 30 and re-open the following day.
NHS Devon is reminding people to make sure they have enough medication to cover this period, which may entail asking for repeat prescriptions from their doctor; ensure they have sufficient medication to cover the period of going on holiday and to stock up their medicine cabinet to help with common ailments, such as flu or colds.
Those needing general medical advice should call NHS Direct on (0845) 46 47 or go to www.nhs.uk.
You may also want to watch:
Minor injuries units and walk-in centres are available at many community hospitals in the county for the treatment of cuts, sprains and minor burns. More details at www.devonpct.nhs.uk.
If people need urgent help from a doctor before their practice reopens, they should call Devon Doctors direct on (0845) 6710 270 or call their own surgery and listen to the recorded message.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman